Oh man. This sucks. I heard around the end of the year that Google was doing away with several of its pet projects, and that one program getting the axe (for all non-Blogger sites) was Google Friend Connect. That’s used by almost every YA blogger as a way to track followers, and for people to mark which blogs filter into their Google Reader.
I knew it was coming, and still I procrastinated finding a solution. Right up to (and beyond) March 1, when the lovely box with all my 285 incredible followers *poof* disappeared! Blech!
Anyway, I just wanted to post this as a heads-up in case you hadn’t heard this was happening, or were wondering why some of your favorite blogs weren’t showing up on Google Reader. If they aren’t on blogger, you need to re-follow!
Here are some non-Blogger blogs that you should think about resubscribing to, or subscribing to for the first time!
- Erin Bowman, YA writer whose debut, Taken, is coming out in winter 2013
- Katy Upperman, YA writer and March Photo Challenge-inspirer
- Phoebe North, YA writer and sci-fi master whose debut, Starglass, will be published in summer 2013
- Cristin Terrill, YA writer whose debut, All Our Yesterdays is coming out in fall 2013
- Sash & Em, two adorable, fun gals who review YA books and are generally awesome.
Here are a few other ways you can follow me, if you’re interested!
- Click on the “follow via Blogger” button in my sidebar (to the right) to get to a new Google Friend Connect box. Following will get my blog back into your Google Reader feed like it was before.
- Subscribe to my blog’s RSS feed which will bring each post straight to your favorite RSS reader of choice. Some favorites include Google Reader (if you have a Gmail account, your Google Reader is usually linked at the top of your Gmail inbox, or sometimes under the link “More”), My Yahoo!, Newsgator, Bloglines, and Netvibes, just to name a few.
- Follow me on Twitter, probably my favorite of the social medias. I don’t auto-follow, but I respond to @ replies!
- I update every so often on my Tumblr as well, and contribute to the YA Highway Tumblr account
- I’m also on Pinterest and Instagram :)
Also, if you find a new way to follow me, you’ll get an extra entry into my big, awesome Moving Day Giveaway!
Sorry for the brief commercial, guys! Back to regular content now :)